Some event principles
1. Stay positive at ALL times.
2. T.E.A.M. Together Everyone Achieves More.
3. Set challenging goals, write them down, train hard and you will achieve them. (No excuses!)
4. Buy quality gear. (This will save you money and could save your life)
5. Don’t come home from training or trips tired. Be energized & happy.
6. Bring MORE than you take away.
How hard is it and how strong do I need to be?
The route is specifically designed to cater to the social rider through to the most experienced cyclist. Some days are easier than others, but with most days, have between a 1,000 and 3,000m altitude gain. We appreciate that this isn’t for the faint hearted. This is why we have a minivan in the event you need a hand up a hill. To get through the kilometres we will be covering each day, it is important that we keep a relatively good pace. All that being said, if you put your mind to it and do the appropriate training there is no reason why a newbie or a weekend warrior cyclist can’t rise to the occasion.
What is the minimum level of fitness required to participate?
The rides cater to all riders from those who just want to give this a go (Training is required) and experience something amazing (avg speed 20-22km) to the experienced weekend warrior riding 100s of kms per week (avg speed >32km). Each speed group has their own support vehicle so everyone is well catered for. Faster riders will be given additional distance each day to increase the challenge. A training plan can be downloaded from this link and modified to suit your schedule. http://25000spins.com/images/trainingProgram.xls